Since its inception as a profession over 100 years ago, Chiropractic has always been about whole body wellness, back pain removal was just a welcome side-effect.
The following seven statements summarise the principles behind the philosophy of chiropractic:
– You are a self-healing, self-regulating individual
– Your nervous system, (brain, spinal cord and nerves) controls and coordinates every function in your body.
– If there is interference to your nervous system your body’s ability to self-heal and self-regulate is diminished.
– Your spine protects your nervous system, but can also interfere with the transmission of nerve messages.
– A vertebral subluxation is an area of the spine that has lost normal movement or alignment and causes interference to your nervous system.
– Uncorrected vertebral subluxations can have negative effects on physical performance and general well-being.