Doc Craig here and back with some Monday Motivation for you to help you start the week the right way.
1. Love a bit of Desert Island Discs – This time its Bruce Springsteen or, if you’re after a TV show with a difference, check out ACDC’s front man’s TV show on Sky Arts called Life on the Road. He interviews people like Sting, Robert Plant and my favourite Pink Floyd’s drummer Nick Mason.
2. America’s Cup Qualifiers – have started in Bermuda, those boats are more like planes than yachts – check out coverage here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sailing or herehttp://sport.bt.com/sailing-01364143993129
3. Women’s Sport Trust awards – Luke Brady and I had a great time at the Women’s Sport Trust awards and we learnt of a great initiative with Getty Images. Images will be made available free of charge to schools, universities and not-for profit organisations to promote the powerful depiction of women and girls in sports to the biggest broadest audience possible. If you are interested check it out here.
4. Eating well – Simple, healthy living and eating tips from Jamie Oliverhttp://www.jamieoliver.com/healthy-living-tips/ and his mission to tackle childhood obesityhttp://www.jamiesfoodrevolution.org/obesity
5. Book: Shackleton by Ben Saunders. Local Richmond resident and polar explorer has written a book – check it out. Polar explorer Ben Saunders draws on his own experience of the Antarctic to bring to life the history, dangers and challenges of Shackleton’s Endurance expedition.
Have a great week,